The Dubai Fountain and Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi have been ranked in the top 20 of the most beautiful places on the planet.
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is ranked 8th globally on the list compiled by travel company Kuoni, while the Dubai Fountain is 11th. No other Middle Eastern landmarks are on the list.
Using the Things to Do section of the TripAdvisor website, the attractions in each location that had the most mentions of “beautiful” in their review were ranked as the most beautiful attractions. Kouni reported that he compiled the ranking by analyzing TripAdvisor data for places of interest in more than 267 cities around the world.
From revisions to the end of June the data was compiled. The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque had 8,831 mentions and the Dubai Fountain 7,269.
Most beautiful places in the world:
- Central Park in New York City, USA: 22,880 mentions.
- Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy: 18,283.
- Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas, USA: 16,750 mentions.
- Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain: 16,158.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris, France: 12,930.
- Charles Bridge in Prague, Czech Republic: 10,870.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden in Cape Town, South Africa: 9,924.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: 8,831 mentions.
- Stanley Park in Vancouver, Canada: 8,797.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass in Seattle, USA: 8,742.
- The Dubai Fountain, United Arab Emirates: 7,269 mentions.
- Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria: 7,005.
- Parque del Retiro in Madrid, Spain: 6,788 mentions.
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens in Christchurch, New Zealand: 6,704.
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, USA: 6,580.
- San Antonio River Walk in Texas, USA: 6,028 mentions.
- Duomo di Milano in Milan, Italy: 5,997.
- Plaza de España in Seville, Spain: 5,916.
- Sydney Harbor in Sydney, Australia: 5,519.
- Grand-Place in Brussels, Belgium: 5,505. Published by Emirates Herald, news and information agency.